Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Niece Count is Up to Two!

This May my step-sister had her first baby, a little girl, E. She is so sweet! Such a good baby, with lots of hair!!
We had a baby shower for them and I decided to make them a rag quilt. I saw one on KevinandAmanda.com and she said it was super easy so I thought I could do that! And it really was so easy! I think my step-sister really appreciated the gift, and it turned out big enough that E will be able to use it on a twin sized bed!
I just loved this quilt so much, I wanted to keep it for myself when I have kids! I love how girl, bright and soft it is :)
This one is a little dark, but you can see the fray detail (after only one wash!).
The back of the quilt looks nice and finished, which is nice to have the option of mixing it up! However you want to display the lovely quilt!

For this particular blanket I used 9" squares of flannel. For the inner lining I always grab a neutral (I actually used white in this quilt) flannel and cut the same 9" size of squares. Make sandwiches with the colours (obviously printed side out) and sew it all together! SO EASY :) I have two friends and one sister-in-law who are pregnant right now so I'd better get started on some more quilts for gifts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment