Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb10 DAY 2

I'm participating in reberb10 this month, which can be found over here, or by clicking on the reverb10 button on the side! The website explains what this is all about:

Reverb 10 is an annual event and online initiative to reflect on your year and manifest what’s next. The end of the year is an opportunity to reflect on what's happened, and to send out reverberations for the year ahead. With Reverb 10, we'll do both.
This December we invite you to share your story and join us in reflection.

Each day they will post a new 'prompt' for you to write about!

Today's prompt is:
December 2 Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? I procrastinate. BIG TIME. I don't know if it's because I'm not inspired enough to have a thousand things running through my head to write about (I'm really not very exciting) or if it is pure laziness, perhaps both?

Right now I know I don't do a heck of a lot that doesn't involve my couch and TV because of my pesky little friend calling 'morning sickness', which I would like to rename to something more appropriate to reflect the 24/7 feel like deathness of the ailment. But even when I'm feeling well I easily get distracted by the TV (I'm hoping to one day get rid of it, if I can convince Mike, I'm perfectly happy with just country cable) and wasting time looking at celebrity gossip and facebook on the Internet. Facebook is something else I think I will rid myself of soon, since I use it mostly as a creeping tool and feel obligated to have 'friends' on there that I don't even like. It's all nonsense. I find the less I give in to these easy distractions the more I get done (around the house, maintaining relationships, reading, crafts like sewing and knitting, and basically just being present in my life and the lives of those important to me).  

I would like to be proactive in implementing these changes and hope that I can be a more productive person, and a better person to those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment