Friday, October 30, 2009

School has taken over my life, and I want it back!

Only 5 more weeks of classes and clinical, then I go into my exams!! I can't believe it! It still doesn't feel real. I think I'm trying to not get myself too excited, just in case something comes up or I fail a class and won't finish school this year. So far, everything is okay though! Hopefully it stays that way :)

My mom sent me this quote in an email the other night. You know when you hear the EXACT thing you need to hear at the EXACT moment you need to hear it? Well this quote was that for me. I was knee-deep in completing my assignments and was feeling quite overwhelmed with it all and didn't think I would get it all done. I love how moms just know sometimes :) They are amazing!

Do not be impatient with your seemingly slow progress. Do not try to run faster than you presently can. If you are studying, reflecting and trying, you are making progress whether you are aware of it or not. A traveler walking the road in the darkness of night is still going forward. Someday, some way, everything will break open, like the natural unfolding of a rosebud.



Vernon Howard, 1918-1992

1 comment:

  1. Just found you through Lauren from Texas, and I love this quote- I so, so hope that this is the case!

    I hope your exams have gone well- come back and write over here! =)

    ReplyDelete