Sunday, May 24, 2009

Do You Ever Think?

Today I was looking through the shed at Mom's house at the bookshelf full of books that I used to love. I have always been and will always be a reader, I love to read. I also love to reminisce about the stories and the pictures in them. And for some reason it makes me really excited to have my own children that I can read my favorite stories to.
I found this book and had to laugh out loud because of the poem I loved and memorized as a child. I swear I was a happy kid, but this sounds morbid to me now LOL.

Do You Ever Think?
Do you ever think when a hearse goes by
That you may be the next to die?
An undertaker tall and thin
Digs a hole and puts you in.
All goes well for about a week,
And then the coffin begins to leak.
The worms crawl in. The worms crawl out.
The worms play pinochle on your snout!
They use your bones for telephones
And call you up when you're not home.
Traditional American

(Photo from Amazon.ca)

1 comment:

  1. That is so werid because I loved that book as a kid, and that was my favourite poem in it which I too memorized.(And my name is Emily LOL what a coincidence).

    ReplyDelete